|Job Opportunities at the ABPN|
|The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Inc. (ABPN) is a nonprofit corporation that serves the public interest and the professions of psychiatry and neurology by promoting excellence in practice through certification and maintenance of certification processes. The ABPN (www.abpn.com) is located in Buffalo Grove, Illinois and is looking for experienced candidates. Keep apprised of new job opportunities by visiting (www.abpn.com/jobs).
For consideration, candidates must submit via email a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Job Opportunities at the ABPN
Download PDF (pages 1-2)
Reporting to the Director, Credentials and Meetings, the Manager, Credentials co-manages the day-to-day operations of the department including the processing and review of applications, communicates the ABPN’s credentialing policies and procedures, oversees the ABPN’s Disciplinary Action Notification System (DANS) process as well as supervises assigned credentials staff.
Application Processing and Review
This position manages the review process of applications for all Psychiatry Certification, subspecialty, and MOC examinations, which includes assisting the Director, Credentials and Meetings with correspondence to the Credentials and Appeals Committees regarding credentialing problems and appeals. This position also documents and evaluates the procedures for the credentialing function as well as recommends and implements all procedural changes.
This position responds to inquiries and communicates the ABPN’s credentialing policies and procedures to candidates, residency program directors and the Credentials Committee. The position also meets with residency program directors and residents at conferences to review the ABPN’s credentialing policies and procedures.
DANS Process Supervision
This position oversees the DANS process, which includes the review of licenses of diplomats and candidates with Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) license restrictions, investigation of instances where diplomates do not meet the ABPN’s licensing requirements and notification to diplomates when their certificates are invalidated.
Supervision and Department Management
This position supervises the work of the Credentials Administrators and helps manage the department when the Director is out of the office.
Experience and Education
Three to five years of experience preferably with physician credentialing, licensure, or residency program administration including supervisory experience. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required but a Master’s degree is preferred.
Microsoft Office – Word, Access, and Excel preferred
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to interact effectively with highly educated, professional clientele
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure
- Attention to detail
- Strong service orientation
- Tact and discretion
- Cooperative attitude; team player
- Ability to handle and maintain highly confidential information
- Available for work related travel
For consideration, candidates must submit via email a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to email@example.com.
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please, no phone calls.
The ABPN offers an exceptional benefits package and a competitive salary including:
- Medical and dental coverage with low employee premium cost
- 401 (k) Plan with generous matching contribution as well as a company funded Pension Plan
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance as well as Long Term Care Insurance
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible work schedule in a business casual environment
- Generous personal time off policy with eleven paid holidays